Here is a guide on how to see hidden files in windows 11.
Windows 11’s File Explorer now has a minimalist menu.
If you’re used to older Windows versions, you may find it difficult to find certain settings, such as the ability to display hidden files.
Thanks to the improvements in this new edition, displaying files is a simple process that takes fewer steps than in earlier editions.
STEPS TO SEE HIDDEN FILES IN WINDOWS 11 VIA LAYOUT:
- Select File Explorer from the taskbar. It’s the yellow folder icon
- Choose the icon for ‘Layout and view preferences’. You’ll find it in the top menu on the right.
- Then select ‘Show’.
- Choose ‘Hide objects’.
- The files will now be displayed in File Explorer.
STEPS TO SEE HIDDEN FILES IN WINDOWS 11 VIA FOLDER OPTIONS:
- In File Explorer, click the three dots to open it
- Choose ‘Options’.
- Select ‘View’.
- Under ‘Advanced settings’, check the box next to “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”.
- Then select ‘Apply’.
- Click ‘OK’.
STEPS TO VIEW PROTECTED SYSTEM FILES IN WINDOWS 11:
- Open File Explorer
- Select the three dots in the top menu
- Select ‘View’ from the ‘Options’ menu
- Under “Advanced settings,” uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).”
- The screen will display a warning about disclosing sensitive operating system files. Select “Yes” if you understand the risks.
HIDING FILES FROM WINDOWS 11 SEARCH RESULT:
- In the Start menu, type “Indexing Options” to open them.
- Select the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Choose “File Types” from the drop-down menu.
- All files that Windows displays in its search results will be displayed on the screen. Please uncheck the box next to the file type you wish to exclude from the search. When trying to hide a format that isn’t listed, select “Add new extension to the list”, enter the format, and click “Add.”
- On the “Index Settings” page, select “Rebuild” next to “Delete and rebuild index”.
- Click ‘OK’.
- On the screen you will see a warning that rebuilding the index may take some time and that the search results may be incomplete. Select ‘OK’.